Maximum impact through audio and video
The fact that the media is so often still referred to as the ‘press’ even by people within the communications industry says a lot about the way the broadcast media is regarded. Television and radio should always be considered right at the start of any campaign but often there is sometimes a reluctance to engage or a limited understanding of how the broadcast industry works and what is needed to best tell a story. At Aspect however we have the knowledge and expertise to help you achieve the best results using the power of broadcast media.
What’s more, as the media is converging, traditional broadcast content can now be used in a much more targeted way. In fact, audio and video content should be used as a matter of course as a simple and effective communications tool; websites, internal communications, media relations and investor relations are all parts of modern communications which can benefit from using broadcast facilities.
Our areas of expertise include::
- Broadcast Media relations - from experienced gained working within the broadcast media we have the knowledge and expertise to sell-in stories to the media. We not only know what makes a good story but we know what elements in terms of pictures, contributors and access the reporter or producer is looking for. We have numerous contacts on planning and programme desks across the networks so we can take your story to the right outlet and ensure it has the best chance of getting on air.
- Broadcast b-roll - much of the time, broadcasters would much rather gather their own material. However there are occasions when, because of the difficulties involved in access or travel the broadcaster cannot send its own staff and the story won’t be told without the pictures. This is when we can help by filming images or gathering audio that broadcasters can then edit as they chose. Having cut the footage down to a manageable length, we then upload them on to a secure ftp where broadcasters can access them as required. This gives us a far greater chance of the media picking up our story.
- Internal Communications - whilst most companies rely on email to speak to their people, a very simple but extremely efficient and cost effective way of communicating with your staff is via video. Using our speak2me service we can have your personal message broadcast to your people anywhere in the world within minutes.
- Corporate TV - between them our broadcast experts have spent decades working in television as correspondents, producers and editors. They know the nuts and bolts of TV and can help either by giving advice on the direction of your companies TV channel - even setting one up from scratch - or by helping provide content.
- Digital content - we all know the web is not about words. The power of pictures and video is immense. We can help you decide on the imagery and create the content so you have the presence and the impact you need to make your company stand out from the printed word.
- Media Training - preparation is everything and without knowing what you are going to say or how you are going to say it, a TV or radio interview can be both daunting and dangerous. Reputations can be won and lost over the airwaves. Get it wrong and your reputation can be damaged, sometimes beyond repair. However, if you know what you want to say and how to keep control of the interview the chances are the interview will be a success and people will reinforce your credibility and build your brand. Our bespoke media training courses mean we can help you prepare for any media encounter and ensure you are in the best position to get your message across clearly, concisely and with confidence.